Custom fit clubs are essential to playing better golf. RJS Custom Clubs will assist you in finding the right combination of head, shaft, grip and specification for your unique swing. Get custom fit today and lower your scores!
Club Fitting FAQ
- Do custom fitted clubs really make a difference?
Absolutely. Custom fitted golf clubs are guaranteed to improve your game.
There is no possible way that you can buy golf clubs “off-the-rack” and expect them to meet the critical variables of your swing. Your height, body type, strength, skill level, length of your arms, the angle that you attack the ball and your stance are just a few of the variables that must be considered in selection of the ideal clubs for you.
Doesn’t it make sense that your clubs fit you, rather than you having to change your stance and your swing to try to accommodate the clubs?
- What are the benefits of a custom fitting?
All professional golfers are custom fit using the best club fitting technology possible. So why shouldn’t you be custom fit.
Better players can marginally improve their score with custom fitted equipment. But mid to high handicappers benefit the most. Custom fitted clubs deliver consistent loft, lies and shafts to maximize your potential. Most manufacturers create clubs to fit the widest range of people. You’re right most clubs will fit okay. But is okay good enough for you? Will good enough lower your scores? At RJS Custom Clubs we believe in fitting each golfer with the best equipment that fits their game, body style and preferences.
- Is it more expensive to get custom fit clubs?
Although you may pay a fee for a clubfitting session, custom golf equipment will save you money in the long run and will dramatically improve your game. And, with KZG, the clubs are often less expensive than the “big brand” off-the-rack clubs.
It just makes sense that if you are fitted into the ideal club from the outset, you don’t have to look to replace it or re-shaft it. If you don’t play a 3 or 4 iron, why pay for them? With custom clubs, you will only order the irons you need: mix and match irons, substitute utility woods for irons, carry more wedges, the options are limitless. Customization really saves in the long run.
We aren’t able to tell you exactly how much a new club will cost you prior to a fitting because we won’t know what model, shaft, grip, and what adjustments will be right for you. But you certainly can, and should, ask for a “ball park” estimate before you begin the fitting process.
- How much should I pay for good quality golf equipment?
- Remember to old adage you get what you pay for? Well it applies to golf equipment as well.
- Reputable golf companies generally use top quality grades of materials for the manufacture of their heads and shafts. Less reputable companies will use recycled metals in their heads and low grade modulus graphite in their shafts that negatively affect the performance of a club. Because there is no licensing board that supervises the integrity of the representations made regarding golf equipment, it would be wise to heed the advice of “buyers beware”.
- Top companies will spend a great deal of time, financial resources and effort in designing clubs for optimum performance and they will conduct extensive testing before the launch of any product. The less reputable companies will attempt to copy the designs of reputable companies and put on a product that “looks similar” to a major brand but fall far short in performance. These “look-a-like” products are called clones or knock-offs and the materials, craftsmanship and performance are generally inferior.
- On the other side of the equation, the cost of golf equipment also includes the amount of advertising and tour presence used to sell it. Millions and millions of dollars are spent advertising and “buying” the tour. The advertising and tour presence does not make the clubs perform better or assure you are getting top quality. If a large percentage of the price you are paying for the club is dedicated to advertising, the reality is that the actual cost to make the clubs is far less.
- At, KZG they focus on providing the best performing equipment and rely on word of mouth endorsements.
- As a woman, will I benefit from custom clubs?
Unfortunately, many women have been mislead to believe that if something is labeled as “ladies” club, it is customized for them. Nothing could be further from the truth.
As a general rule, every golfer can benefit from having their equipment custom fitted. Because RJS Custom Clubs has a myriad of models designed for different players based on skill, strength, and goals, regardless of your gender or age.
Ladies come in all sizes, shapes, strengths, and skill levels. So why not have clubs that suit your play style and match your physical abilities.
- What about senior clubs and equipment to prevent pain?
Seniors are no different from any other golfers. They should be custom fitted with clubs that suit their strength, skill, size, and disabilities if any.
Because so many seniors (as well as younger adults) suffer from arthritis special attention should be made to alleviate the pain. There are several ways to do this:
- Definitely have your clubs custom fit.
- Generally, lighter clubs will reduce any joint stress
- Graphite shafts tend to help the player gain more distance and at the same time absorb more shock energy from each hit.
- Utilizing a larger grip or non-tapered grips will gain more hand comfort
- Consider using a utility iron or wood in lieu of the longer irons
Playing with custom fitted clubs and taking certain precautions should give you a lifetime of joy playing golf. It is one of the few sports that can be continued throughout life.
- Should beginners or average players be custom fitted?
Absolutely. If you have clubs that fit you, your game will improve and you will hopefully enjoy the game more.
Unfortunately, many beginning golfers tend to buy an inexpensive starter set of clubs, intending to buy the better clubs if they decided they like the game. Those inexpensive clubs may prove disastrous, as the lofts may be inconsistent and the specifications wrong for the player. In the end, the golfer may become discouraged because their game isn’t improving and walk away from the game altogether.
As a new golfer, you can easily get fitted for a limited number of “starter” clubs and it should not be terribly expensive. But most importantly, you will be using equipment that will help your game improve. As you become more experienced, then you can add more clubs to your bag. And later, when your swing is in the groove, you may want to splurge for a set that fits your evolved game and skills.
- How do I determine which head is best for me?
That’s where we come in and assist you in determining the best head for you. The criteria for determining the clubhead best suited for you is the clubhead that produces the most consistent and longest shots. To do this, we will use impact tape on the face to determine you’re centeredness of hit with our extensive product line.
- Why are there so many discrepancies between shafts?
Each shaft has its own profile, wall thickness, tip ratio and frequency. Frequencies are a great way to compare shafts but it shouldn’t be the only way. Even if shafts are the same stiffness, their playability might be drastically different because each shaft has a different profile, wall thickness and tip ratio. So even if the frequencies and the stiffness of the shaft are the same, each shaft will play differently. Your Professional Fitter will find the best combination of shaft and clubhead for you.
- Should I have my Putter custom fitted as well?
Yes. Putters are extremely important clubs. Even a scratch player will use his or her putter around 30 times per round, more than any other club in the bag. So it makes sense that this club perfectly suits you and your game.
You will be amazed at how many strokes you can shave off your game using a putter that is custom fit for you. Sadly, most putters are sold on impulse and have nothing to do with a club that actually suits the golfer. Is it right length? Weight? Lie? We invite you to test KZG putters, and have them fit for your stance and stroke.
- Why is KZG so famous for their Fairway Woods?
Frankly, KZG Fairway Woods are simply unbeatable. We just ask you to test them against anything on the market.
KZG first gained fame with the introduction of a Fairway Wood that featured a special brazing patented face made of maraging steel. KZG sold 1.7 million Fairway Woods containing this technology to a major brand which became the #1 Fairway Wood on the market in 1998 and 1999.
KZG continues to offer superior performing Fairway Woods to this day. In fact, we ask that you test and compare our woods against any other wood and prove to yourself that we are #1. KZG currently offers 5 different types of Fairway Woods to suit the unique needs of each golfer. As an exclusive KZG Dealer, we will assist you in selecting the Fairway Wood that will suit your swing and shave strokes from your handicap.
- What does a set of KZG clubs cost?
- As a general rule, KZG golf clubs run approximately the same price or even less the than the major brands. And the best part is that you are assured a better performing club because of the quality and performance of KZG products combined with the benefits of custom fitting.
- Because they are The #1 Custom ProLine, every golf club is custom built and thus the choice of clubhead, shaft, grip and adjustments are endless. Your KZG Dealer will give you the prices after you have selected your various options as prices can vary significantly.